Can you believe it’s already prom season!? I always get excited when I see seniors in their prom outfits and taking pictures around town. They are about to have a night that they will always remember.
I loved my prom. Although, I did have my regrets, one being my hair.
I wanted to be extra and have my hair done at a salon. It was also my first time going to a hair salon because my mother always did mine. Trusting a complete stranger with my hair on the most important night of my high school career at the time, seemed like a harmless idea.
It wasn’t terrible but it wasn’t what I wanted. I should have just had my mom do my hair, like she always does.
My second regret is that I didn’t go to my junior prom too. I had so much fun at my senior prom with all my friends it would have been nice to have another special night with all of those people in the same room.
There are so many memories flooding my mind as I write this post. The fashion, or the lack their of. (It was 2004 people!)
The music. Oh, the sweet, sweet, music.
Christina Milian’s Dip it Low was the sexy track that had all the girls thinking they were belly dancers and the Ying Tang Twins brought the party from the Windows to the Wall.
One thing you will always remember about prom is your dress and it has to be perfectly you. It says so much about you and your style and it’s the first real major event that you get all gussied up for.
I’ve teamed up with Simply Be and created two very different but beautiful looks that are prom perfection.
- Start of this look with this blush tone, off-the-shoulders- dress. Keep everything simple and delicate to create a sweet romantic look.
- Try and have all your accessories in the same color family: blush, rose, mauve, and golds. A thin headband with a little sparkle is the perfect amount of bling. Your glowing skin is definitely going to be the highlight of this look.
- Makeup up should be soft and dewy. Wear a soft pinky nude lip and apply highlighter generously to your clavicles and cheekbones. You want to those babies to pop!
SHOP THIS PROM LOOK
- Opt for a curve hugging silhouette with ruche draping in a lush fabric like velvet.
- Voluminous curls and a vampy lip will help create more drama.
- Keep your heels simple with a sexy barely there strap.
SHOP THIS PROM LOOK
Photos by Olivia Morgan Photo & Lovely Moon Photography
Thank you Simply Be for sponsoring this post! All opinions are my own.